10 - 14 - 2007
I turned 23 today! :D (and my dad turned 54 today, happy birthday papa, we love you!!)
woohoo! :D This year is definitely one of the best birthday weekends yet! :D Luckily, the last day of Ramadan fell on the 12th, which made my birthday weekend a long weekend! :) Yay! :) I was supposed to go to the office last saturday to get some work done, unfortunately, the birthday weekend syndrome had bitten me realllly bad and I just couldn't bring myself to work! hahaha.
I was actually thinking, a few days before my birthday, that I probably wouldn't receive as much greetings as I did before when I was still a student, since I'm around fewer people now (at work). But I was soo wrong!! My phone was buzzing non-stop due to birthday greetings from other people even in the wee hours of the morning! Most of which were my barkada and orgmates from college! :) I feel so blessed that my friends who I rarely see these days still remembered to greet me! :)
The best surprise came as a visit from my yaya, Ate Rosie, who took care of me, when I was still a baby until I was in elementary. :) I don't actually remember any specific memory of her, I just remember her. :) She still looked the same, although a bit older now. I just learned earlier that she is just 2 years younger than my mother. I just didn't realize that she was that old already. Anyhow, she was my second mother while I was growing up. :) What was so funny was that father woke me up and told me that it was my turn to get my pedicure. But when I went out of the bedroom, I was half asleep, that when I saw my father still getting his pedicure, I went straight back to bed to continue my sleep. Then when I went out to get my pedicure, that's when I saw my yaya! :) I half saw her when I went out of the room the first time, but I didn't recognize her because my eyes were half opened!!! grr!! While I was getting my pedicure, ate rosie was so emotional that she cried when I saw her. Seeing her all emotional, made me all emotional, and I was also fighting back my own tears of happiness. :) I never really asked myself how she was doing, I'm glad that she seems to be doing well despite life's hardships on her. She has 2 kids already, and has her own family. I wish her all the best. :) I hope that she finds time to visit us again on New Year and bring her 2 babies so I can meet them. :) We talked and talked for about 2 hours or so.. I think she was so overwhelmed that I'm a big girl already, very different from the baby that she used to take care of. :)
Aside from Ate Rosie, I was also very happy today because Albert was able to make it to the family birthday dinner at Saisaki. :) He had been trying to bail out from the dinner ever since I told him about it more than a week before. It's a good thing he came, because our birthday dinners really means a lot to me. :) He also accompanied me to mass earlier in the afternoon for my birthday mass. Thanks luv! :) Aside from the dinner, he also gave me a new badminton racket, for my thursday badminton sessions, and a bar of hershey's dark chocolate! :) Talk about contradicting himself, badminton for exercise, chocolate for indulgence! thanks, luv. :) Last friday, Albert also went with us to Rosewood where we swam and played with Gabby during the afternoon. :) I was so impressed with him because he managed to fool Gabby with "water energy". Albert managed to teach Gabby to submerge his head underwater by calling the technique 'water energy', which would give him powers to swim faster! :) And then, yesterday, Albert treated to me Wham! Burgers for lunch and San Francisco Coffee for dessert. :) I was a fun 3 half-day birthday dates. :D I'm such a spoiled girlfriend! hahaha. :)
When I got home here at Katip, I was so surprised to find my ym and friendster account full with offline greetings! :) and those people who saw me online, also greeted me! :)
This is such a long winded rave post! :) I'm just so happy! :) I really really feel so blessed! :) To all the people who remembered, thank you very much! :D I won't be able to list all the names here. :) You all know who you are. :)
Happy birthday also to: Toots, Candido. :)

3 Comments | Post a Comment
because you're a great friend that's why we love you! *hugs*
water energy ha? hehehe... pauso itong si albert XD
11:43 PM
glad your birthday was a blast!
water energy? natawa ako promise! hahahaha. makopya nga yan.
12:12 PM
dahil sa water energy na yan, nag-aaral na magswimming si gabby!!! hahaha!
12:22 PM